Group accommodation "De Stolp" was originally a family farm, but over the years tourism increasingly prevailed over agriculture. After its takeover by the fourth-generation Commandeur family, there is no place for farming anymore, but focus is entirely on tourism.
Originally, the company consisted only of a few hundred year-old farm. In 1938 it was rebuilt into a new farmhouse after having been destroyed in a heavy storm when it was under renovation. After the build was completed the touristic rental started on April 11th 1939.
In the Second World War "De Stolp" was occupied. Just after the war, De Stolp was also used as a school, because the original school building in the village had been destroyed. Until 1975 "De Stolp" was used as a cow and sheep shed and as a group accommodation.
1985 STOLP II FOR SHEEP AND TOURISTS
In 1985 "Stolp II" was built with two aims: lambing in winter and accommodating tourists in summer. When it became apparent that this was not such a good combination, a separate sheep house was built so "Stolp II" could be used as a tourist accommodation only.
2001-2005 GROUP ACCOMMODATION STOLP III BUILT
In 2001 the last sheep left the farm and De Stolp's current owners decided to rebuilt the sheep shed into a brand-new group accommodation "Stolp III". Starting in 2001 they built it entirely on their own in four years time. In order to spice up the accommodation a bit they decided to give it a country-western look. This is to date still in progress.
2008-2010 GROUNDS CHANGED
New streets and terraces with BBQ have been constructed and a horse paddock has been made. There is also some playground equipment now. All done in country-western style.
2010-2015 NEW CONSTRUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL STOLP FARM
The original farmhouse has been demolished and rebuilt so that it meets the modern requirements of this time. This is largely done by the owners themselves. This is now the 3rd Stolpboerderij on this spot. The Nieuwe Stolp is now owners house with reception and B & B.
On August 1, 2016 the luxury Boutique B & B opened with 4 rooms under the name B&B Le Commandeur.
Jubilee 80 years Group accommodation De Stolp