SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT AT DE STOLP TEXEL
FIRE PREVENTION AND SAFETY
In view of safety and security the following measures have been taken:
- The accommodations are equipped with a fire alarm system reporting directly to the fire brigade with smoke detectors in every room.
- The fire extinguishers are inspected annually and are sealed. There is an evacuation plan and in every dayroom there is a map of the flight routes.
- Every outside door is equipped with a panic lock. They can be opened at any time from within without the use of a key.
- The accommodations are fully equipped with emergency lights with exit routes.
- The owners have a diploma in emergency services and do a refresher course every year. This includes fire prevention, first aid, evacuation.
- Our accommodations are inspected according to the Scope 10 inspection. An authorized inspector also checks our electrical installation for fire safety.
Our playground equipment outside comply with safety requirements and they are checked for safety monthly. There are also approved absorbing safety tiles underneath.
In view of legionella prevention the accommodation's waterworks have been constructed in accordance with the latest standards. There is also a risk analysis and a management plan has been drawn up. Part of this management plan is to regularly flush the showers with hot water and to periodically take a sample of the water from the taps.
To preserve the environment as much as possible the following measures have been taken:
- Waste is collected separately so that it can be recycled as much as possible. We separate waste in: food waste, paper, glass, plastic bottles, metal and residual waste.
- Stolp III is equipped with a heat pump. This is linked to the underfloor heating and a boiler where the water is pre-heated to 40 degrees. So the gas heater heats the water only from 40 to 65 degrees. Gas consumption and associated emissions are therefore extremely limited.
- Stolp III is provided with a hot water circulation system. This minimizes the loss of water before hot water runs from the tap.
- In order to reduce the loss of heat as much as possible all external doors are provided with door-springs to make them close swiftly.
- All toilets are set to a low water consumption.
- The water use of the showers is not narrowed in any way. Responsibility for limiting the use of water is with you.